- All artwork supplied on CD / DVD must be accompanied by a colour proof. Any artworks supplied electronically must be accompanied by a proof PDF.
- Print ready artwork should be supplied in the following format.
Adobe Illustrator CC or below
Adobe Photoshop CC or below
Adobe InDesign CC or below
Studio time will be charged if files are needed to be corrected or altered to meet print requirements.
- When sending files, please include all support artwork such as fonts and linked images. If possible.
- If images are not embeded in illustrator files, please supply them as separate files.
- InDesign files are accepted if they have been 'collected for output' or 'packaged' so all related files and fonts are included.
- Special effects such as glows, transparencies or drop shadows will produce more satisfactory results if created in Photoshop. It is not recommended that these effects are created in Illustrator, as they can sometimes have unpredictable results when printed.
- Please provide a Lo-Res PDF layout or hard copy proof of the files being print as a visual reference for checking layout and content of artwork.
- Fonts must be converted to outlines/curves. Please note that this will render the the type non-editable.
- If fonts are not converted to outlines, please provide Macintosh or TrueType fonts. If changes need to be made to the file, please provide the fonts and a version of the file with editable type.
- Do not artificially embellish fonts, such as emboldening, italicising and outlining, using the 'Style' menu in InDesign or Photoshop as they may not print correctly. Fonts created in vector-based software, such as illustrator, achieve the most satisfactory results.
- Please supply artwork either in spot colours or CMYK and not RGB. If RAL colours are required, we will need a sample colour supplied to match as close as possible to a Pantone shade.
- If you would like specific Pantone colours to be matched, please specify on your purchase order or hard copy proof. If the artwork is going to be digitally printed, we will endeavour to match the colour as best as possible.
- If you wish to check the colour and content of your job before production, a hard copy proof is available for an additional fee
- (which we recommend if the colour is critical)
- Please allow for an additional 1-2 days production time for a hard copy proof depending on receipt of printable artwork.
- If colour matching is required for Photoshop files, please provide a layered file.
- Please note: Pantone 'Special' colours, such as Silver and Gold cannot be reproduced on digital printers.
- All files (either print files or linked files) must be no less than 300dpi at 50% size layout.
- Do not use images taken from web pages, Powerpoint, Excel, Word or Clipart as resolution is likely to be very low.
- Never enlarge image resolution beyond the original size. If the image appears pixelated on the screen, this is how it will print.
- All print require specific bleeds, depending on the type of product and printing process.
- Please call to confirm what is required.
SUBMITTING ARTWORK FILES
- Files are accepted by email (up to 10mb), FTP size (up to 500mb), DVD and CD.
- Please call for FTP login details.
PRINT READY ARTWORK GUIDELINES
SOME OF UPG'S HUGE RANGE OF PRODUCTS
- CREATIVE DESIGN
- WEBSITE DESIGN
- CORPORATE IDENTITY
- BRANDING & RE-BRANDING
- LABELS & STICKERS
- BUSINESS STATIONERY
- PVC BANNERS
- FLOOR & WINDOW GRAPHICS
- LITERATURE STANDS
- POINT OF SALE DISPLAYS
- EXHIBITION GRAPHICS
- ROLLER BANNERS
- POSTER FRAMES
- INTERIOR & EXTERIOR SIGNAGE
- CANVAS & ACRYLIC PRINTS
- T-SHIRT PRINTING
- MODULAR STANDS
- VEHICLE WRAPPING
- LARGE FORMAT PRINTING
- FLIGHT CASE LABELS
- A BOARDS
Printers Maidstone | Printers Aylesford | Printers Medway | Printers Kent | Printers London | Printers National | Labels | Signage | Vehicle Wrapping | Vehicle Graphics | Installs | Exhibition Graphics